As we gear up for another great wedding season, I thought I would share some tips and tricks that I’ve learned over the years. I honestly learn something at every wedding that I DJ.
- Don’t put too many limits on the music for the evening. You may not love the Macarena and it’s not my favorite song either but you will love it at your wedding when all of your friends and family are united doing it on the dance floor. A few ‘cheesy’ songs do have a way of energizing your reception!
- Spend as much time as you can dancing. Nothing gets people on the dancefloor as much as having the bride and groom gettin’ down!
- Dim the lights when it’s time to party! I’ve been to a few venues where the in-house lights were very bright and it didn’t create the best atmosphere for dancing. The dancefloor lighting that I provide was also washed out due to it not being dark enough.
- Spend some time planning your grand entrance. With your DJ’s help you can create a memorable grand entrance that will set the tone for the entire evening.
- Most importantly, have a blast! I know it seems like a no-brainer but so many people have said ‘ I wish I danced and relaxed more’ when recalling their wedding day. Enjoy the music and enjoy your guests. Those are the memories that will last a lifetime!
See you on the dance floor!